BD was recently recognized for our efforts in inclusion and diversity and named a 2020 DiversityInc Noteworthy Company.
At BD, we are committed to driving inclusion and diversity across our global organization by building and engaging strong and inclusive teams and individuals, and leveraging their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to deliver better outcomes for our global marketplace. Our longstanding commitment to inclusion and diversity is demonstrated through the following areas – among others:
- Benefits programs and policies: Designed to be inclusive of our global workforce and thoughtful of the diverse needs of our associates. Examples of our offerings include fully paid parental leave, domestic partner benefits, gender reassignment support, flexible work arrangements, and back-up childcare.
- Associate Resource Groups (ARGs): Our ARGs all have a specific purpose and charter, and celebrate the differences that make us unique while contributing our business goals. ARGs also create professional development opportunities for associates through peer mentoring, coaching, leadership and networking opportunities. BD went from one ARG in 2015 to now eight active ARGs that range from supporting LGBTQ+, women, veterans and people living with disabilities, to name just a few.
- Commitment to the LGBTQ+ community: As proven by scoring 100% on the HRC CEI Index for three years in a row, BD is actively involved in community outreach and direct recruitment at LGBTQ+ job fairs in addition to our LGBTQ+ ARG,
- Supplier Diversity Program: We’re committed to engaging with suppliers that reflect the demographics of the communities in which we live and serve, and advances our efforts as a good corporate citizen and employer of choice.
- Global Inclusion Council (GIC): Chaired by Tom Polen, CEO and president, and launched in 2018, GIC members are representative of our businesses, regions and functions to drive a stronger link between our enterprise inclusion and diversity strategy and execution with our business priorities.
It’s based on these programs – and more – that BD was recognized by DiversityInc as a Noteworthy company. DiversityInc chooses companies to recognize by weighing each organization’s leadership accountability, diversity metrics, talent programs, workforce practices, supplier diversity and philanthropy.
“Our company leadership is committed to making BD the best possible place for talented people to work by driving inclusion and diversity as a cultural and strategic imperative across the company,” said Tom Polen, CEO and President. “BD is consistently recognized for demonstrating leadership as a socially responsible organization, setting the right example and ensuring we live our values. Seeking out diverse perspectives and consciously including others helps BD drive innovation, builds strong teams that can better anticipate and respond to patient and customer needs, and helps us unleash the full potential of the world’s best talent.”
At BD, our employees come from all backgrounds, ages, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities, races, orientations, abilities, thoughts and experiences. We strongly believe that the diversity of our teams around the world enables us to successfully meet the needs of the ever-expanding global marketplace and drives our ability to fulfill our purpose of advancing the world of health.