Recognition from National Business Group on Health highlights the company’s workforce benefits
BD was recognized today as one of the National Business Group on Health’s 2019 Best Employers: Excellence in Health & Well Being. The distinction highlights BD’s commitment to creating work environments that enable our associates to thrive.
The award recognizes 50 companies taking a progressive and holistic view of employee health and well-being, encompassing physical health as well as emotional, social and financial health.
As a company focused on advancing the world of health, BD invests in the well-being of our employees through our comprehensive compensation and health benefits programs as well as programs aimed at work-life balance, collectively called BD Total Rewards.
In addition to medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage, BD also provides benefits programs helping associates with financial health and security, including:
- A variety of employer provided and additional life insurance options
- Short- and long-term disability options
- A discount plan for legal services
- Flexible spending accounts
- A 401(k) plan
- 529 college savings plan
- Financial counseling program
- Pre-tax account for commuting expenses
- Adoption assistance
- Tuition assistance
Finally, the company has also added offerings to enhance work-life balance. Benefits include:
- Six weeks paid parental leave following the birth, adoption or foster placement of a child
- Back-up daycare up to 10 days per dependent per calendar year
- A flexible work arrangements policy
Subscribe to receive BD blog alerts